Sunday, April 1, 2007

Here's another picture from my town. This is actually taken in the same place as from my other blog, but just facing the opposite way. My town has one central road that stretches for approximately one kilometer. There are little shops and food stores along it.

This is from the outside of the temple in my town. It is common to see these archways above temples and also upon entering a town.


The man on the right, kneeling, is the husband of my co-teacher. All the teachers from our school attended a funeral of a man they knew. It is common to kneel in front of a picture of the deceased, bow with a stick of incense and then put the incense in a holder in front of the picture.

Who's that white boy? Here I am participating and trying not to mess it up.

Here is a really dark shot from our swearing-in ceremony in Bangkok. These are one of my co-teachers on the left and my supervisor on the right. Yellow is the color associated with the king of Thailand, so you will see it being worn everywhere, even on formal occasions.

2 comments:

Abbie Rumbach said...

Wow Peter - it looks as if you're really emersing yourself in Thai culture. Hadley tells us all the time that you're in Thailand! We love & miss you!

Aubrey said...

Hey Peter, my name is Aubrey and I am a COSing PCV about to travel to Thailand. If you would be willing to help out a fellow PCV could you email me at gemmie111@hotmail.com...just had some questions about your country